Monday, February 15, 2010

People and culture 1.

People in Burma




My name is Khin. I am a citizen of Burma. Today I want to write about people who live in Burma. There are 135 races in Burma. The major races are Kachin, Kayah, Karen, Chin, Mon, Burma, Rakhine and Shan. There are also other races like me.

Kachin



Kachin is derived from Red Soil. Jinghpaw is the other term for Kachin people. They are very friendly. Most of them are Christian.











They are good dancers and the "Manaw" dance is very popular. They normally dance this Manaw Dance at the Manaw festival. I do not have the chance to see the Manaw dance personally until now. But I had seen before on TV when I lived in Burma. It's very beautiful. Manaw Festival celebrates around first week of January every year. At that time, many people from all over the places of Burma join the festival. In the picture, you can see many people are dancing in the field.



To marry Kachin female, male have to offer the dowry to her parents. Quantity and quality are depended on the demand from the bride’s parents. They are very honest and pure in heart. They like to treat the guest in their homes or help the poor people.



Photo sources:

www.myanmartravelinformation.com
www.travelsmyanmar.com
www.myanmarpolestar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment